The original Reading Habits Tag can be found here!
Borrowed this from Weezie’s Whimsical Writings to kill some time at the end of the work day 🙂
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually read on the loveseat in the living room during the day/evening, and then I read in bed later at night.
- Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark, dog-ear pages, random pen or highlighter…I’m not picky.
- Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/or a certain amount of pages?
I can stop reading anywhere, but I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter. I get twitchy when I don’t, unless it’s a book I’m hate reading.
- Do you eat or drink while reading?
Sometimes! Especially if I’m reading an ebook, I’ll drink coffee or tea or whatever, and I’ll read while I’m eating lunch and dinner.
- Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
- One book at a time or several at once?
I used to be a one at a time person, but when I was in college, I had to juggle a lot at once, so I started adapting to that and now I usually have at least two going at once.
- Reading at home or everywhere?
- Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Read silently. I start getting unsure of myself a lot when I read out loud.
- Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Sometimes, if I know or anticipate something embarrassing is about to happen, I’ll briefly skim ahead to see how many pages it is (and if I’m right) because I get really intense secondhand embarrassment, so I do it to give myself a little preparation.
- Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
BREAK ‘EM. Kidding. I don’t purposefully break the spines but if it happens, I’m not going to freak out. I have books that look like they’ve never been read and I have books that look super well-loved. (Keeping Weez’s answer here because same!)
- Do you write in your books?
Yep! I write notes, highlight, put flag tabs, dog-ear pages, sometimes do lil drawings.
- Who do you tag?
Anyone reading this!