This tag was created by ReadLikeWildfire and Beccathebookreviewer, and the premise of the tag is this: Write down 30 character names on a individual slips of paper and toss them in a bowl (hat, dish, whatever). For each of the 15 question, select two names. From the two names selected, pick who you would keep and who you would say “You’re not good enough” to!
I was tagged by Mariam, so I stole their pretty graphic to use for this.
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling Bee team. Who would you pick to complete your team?
Travis Wilson (Afraid to Fly by L.A. Witt) vs Kanchana (Girl On the Verge by Pintip Dunn)
My keeper for this one is Kanchana! Travis is hella smart, but my girl Kan has the grades and I trust her to know her spelling.
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one do you kill first to have a better chance of surviving?
Sallot Leon (Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller) vs Cass Pearson (Misfits by Garrett Leigh)
Wow, fuck. I’m gonna die either way, to be honest. I would probably try to take Sal out first because they’re a trained assassin so they’re more likely than Cass to have more killing skills. But like…they’re a trained assassin. I don’t stand a chance. Even if I did manage to succeed, I’d be easy pickings for Cass because I’d be exhausted and probably injured, if not dead from my attempts.
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
Mona (Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge by Paul Kreuger) vs Angel Morgan (Out of Focus by L.A. Witt)
Kinky motherfucker Angel Morgan, without a doubt.
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Tonya Maldonado (Five Boroughs series by Santino Hassell) vs Lenny Mitchell (Strays by Garrett Leigh)
My precious son Lenny would probably volunteer because he just cares so much about people. But Tonya stands more of a chance of surviving, so I’d hope it would be her.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Gavin Brawley (Illegal Contact by Santino Hassell) vs Ash Lucroix (The Gravedigger’s Brawl by Abigail Roux)
I’m…I don’t want to sacrifice either to be a cannibal!
(I guess I’d choose Ash, though. I suck.)
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
Kieran (Coffee Boy by Austin Chant) vs Kindra (Assassins: Discord by Erica Cameron)
Kindra. All the way. She can actually kick ass, unlike me. It always pays to have an assassin on your side.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Molly Peskin-Suso (The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli) vs Nina Zenik (Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo)
They both seem like they’d be able to communicate properly…I suppose it’d fire Nina and keep Molly.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Grey Jean-Marcelin (Shatterproof by Xen Sanders) vs Basra (Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland & Michael Miller)
Grey would probably understand the crushing low that comes with that kind of blow, but I feel like Basra would make some kind of silly joke that would make me laugh despite myself.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery) vs Daphne (Timekeeper by Tara Sim)
Daphne, definitely, but she’s the type of popular person who doesn’t realize they’re popular. She’s just trying to do her work and make sure she gets what she’s due. Plus, the popular crowd would likely think Anne was too weird.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Nick O’Flaherty (Cut & Run / Sidewinder series by Abigail Roux) vs Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)
Neither strike me as the type of people who would forget that. Nick has very few people he’s close to, so he would remember their birthdays because he wants them to know how important they are to him. Elizabeth has a good memory, so she likely stores that shit away and never forgets.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would most likely be?
Braeden Tennant (27 Hours by Tristina Wright) vs Maya (The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi)
Maya would have the cutest channel.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Nina (The Queen’s Game by Carla de Guzman) vs Bethan (The Hollow Girl by Hillary Monahan)
Nina and I would probably have a good time. I’d say Bethan because it would be more mellow and relaxing, but I doubt she’d be allowed to sleepover at my house.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the parent?
Eli Ovadia (Just Business by Anna Zabo) vs Trick Solomon (27 Hours by Tristina Wright)
Neither, since they’re both gay.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Portia White (The Blazing Star by Imani Josey) vs Shahrzad (The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh)
Portia doesn’t seem like much of a texter, and we all know Shahrzad is an excellent talker.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by…who?!
Jake Ritter (Lock and Key by Sasha Devlin) vs Michael Sebastian (Takeover by Anna Zabo)
Uhhhhh…Michael, I guess? He seems a bit more responsible than Jake.
Well that was pretty fun! Anyone else who does this, be sure to share the link with me below, so I can see your answers!