Good morning, my favorite lil nuggets!
I’m so very excited about the post I have for you today!
Because it’s about the 2020 readathon that my lovely friend Cande (of Latinx Magic and @iamrainbou on Twitter) and I will be hosting! It’s my first time running a readathon, so I’m a little nervous and a lot hype, but who better to start with than Talia Hibbert?
And so, as the title indicates, I’m here today to bring you the details (as they currently stand)!
What do you meeeeean you don’t know who Talia is???
Okay, let’s be real.
Most of you are here for one of a few reasons:
- You already know about Talia and love her and/or her books.
- You’ve been seeing her name around and planning to read her books but are directionless sometimes and haven’t found the proper motivation……..UNTIL NOW.
- You somehow stumbled on this by accident and don’t actually know what’s happening.
- You’re my friend and I’m forcing you to do this.
Or maybe it’s another reason entirely!
But, no matter why you’re here, let’s be super official and share Talia’s bio so you can get a little info:
Talia Hibbert is a Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.
She writes steamy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include makeup, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm.
WHO: me (@queernickytyler; Small Queer, Big Opinions) & Cande (@iamrainbou; Latinx Magic)
WHAT: a readathon of Talia Hibbert’s books! Twitter chats! blog posts!
WHERE: @TalHibReadathon, the Twitter account Cande and I created for the purposes of the readathon
WHEN: starting January 2020, one book per month
WHY: because we want to and just love Talia and her books so much
So! Cande and I are really super excited about this as we both love Talia and her books, and we’d love to share and talk about them with others!
We’ve got a few things we need to work out as to how the readathon will progress, and that’s where you come in! We want your input!
Once this blog post goes live (and if you’re reading this, then either it is already or you’ve somehow hacked my WordPress account and I am now scared of you), I will set up a couple of polls on the readathon Twitter account that we’d love for y’all to vote on. The polls will focus on a couple things:
- Reading order:
- Should we read the standalones first or start with the series?
- If we start with series, which should we read first?
- Should we read a series all the way through (for example: Ravenswood — A Girl Like Her [January], Damaged Goods [February], Untouchable [March], That Kind of Guy [April]), or should we mix them up (A Girl Like Her [January], Bad for the Boss [February], etc.) so as not to get stuck in one series?
- Twitter Chats:
- Should we do them?
- If yes, with what kind of regularity? Every month? Every two months? Twice a year?
In addition to these polls and the decision making, we’d love for y’all to contribute in other ways too! Cande and I will make our own posts throughout the year focusing on various aspects of the novels and readathon, but we’d love for other readers to join us!
- People with their own platforms: If you have a blog, bookstagram, booktube, etc., we would love for you to make your own readathon features! What are your favorite things about the Just for Him series? Who are your favorite characters from Talia’s books? And more! We want it all!
- People without their own platforms: If you don’t have your own space to do these kinds of posts but want to participate, both Cande and I would be more than happy to host y’all on our own blogs! Want to make a post about your top 5 favorite scenes from The Princess Trap? Send us a message! Want to share your favorite memes in connection with your favorite Talia characters? Send us a message! (Ways to contact us can be found at the end of this post.) We want as many people to contribute as possible!
Finally, Cande and I will be coordinating with Talia herself to host blog posts, interviews, etc. with Talia! And we want to know what kind of posts you’d like to see! Want an interview with Talia? Character interviews? Ruth’s favorite webcomics? Samir’s favorite recipes? Red’s (of Chloe’s!) favorite of his tattoos? Drop some comments here and share some ideas you’d be interested in reading and we’ll work it out with Talia!
I think that’s it, for now!
We’re currently just trying to get organized and get an idea of y’all’s interest!
(Please please please be interested!)
If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or even suggestions, you can comment here, or contact Cande or myself at any of the following places!
N I C K Y
Email: email@example.com (or visit the contact page on this blog!)
C A N D E
T A L I A H I B B E R T R E A D A T H O N